Tuesday, March 8, 2011

catching up (3.0)

This last catch-up is about life. (it's like running a marthon to read all these!)

First, my family could use prayer as granddad’s cancer has taken over. Other infections are holding him back right now, but otherwise his personality is not failing. Thank you for your prayers and concerns.

I failed in my yoga last week and paid for it this weekend when I realized I was very tight with knots. It’s amazing how much stretching twice a week can change things. I am finding that yoga is helping me be more relaxed.

Today is my sister’s 26th birthday! Cheers for being born!

The past few weekends I have been blessed by my family, shawn’s family, and my friends. It’s good to have people to visit :) All the same, I am really enjoying living in Pitt for the time being. Perhaps a job will open up for me? Please keep this in your prayers and feel free to send any connections my way!


PULSE
One of my housemates got into grad school! Unfortunately, she didn’t get the fellowship, which will affect her decision whether or not to go. Please keep her in your prayers for discernment.

PULSE is interviewing for new PULSERs! Pray for the discernment in that process, both on our end and on the college seniors’ end.

PULSE is also in a process of expanding. (Us) current pulsers are looking into two neighborhoods to possibly expand to. As our part comes together this week, pray that the board is able to move forward with a decision.

At work
I am interviewing A LOT right now, and the women are just flying through the interviews. I hope I can keep up! I am thankful to be in this role, meeting women who are so willing to share their story. I hope the research can truly benefit this homeless population.

I am also taking a major role in organization. Literally organizing. It’s amazing how much paperwork goes around this place. Thankfully I enjoy organizing- so the key has been keeping up with everything.

The policies are almost all updated, which is a blessing.

The agency is still in need of funding, I hope I can still intern here when my research is done. This is still up in the air.

As of March 15th, cold weather season is over and we can no longer house many of our women who have over-stayed their stay. Prayers that they will find homes.



That’s all about me for now! Still missing college life and friends. Still being blessed by shawn and my housemates. Still hoping for warm weather to come and stay. Still looking towards a hopeful future. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment