Wednesday, July 13, 2011

decision made

I like it when I can look back and see God at work in a situation. Take PULSE, for example. I found out I was in the program a week before I found out I had a solid job offer. Of course I had already accepted PULSE, since they had a deadline in responding yes/no. So my final decision was easy= I had already accepted PULSE. Would life have been different if I heard back from both the same day? I think so. I would have wrestled with voluntary service and a real job. I would have tormented and felt I let someone down in the end. I would have wondered if I made the right decision.

I feel blessed. I think this was an intentional-God-moment. He simply gave me PULSE, first and by itself. Nothing else on the table. And then He went ahead and showed me what else He could give me if He wanted. But it wasn't meant for me yet, just a promise for the future. A promise to provide more than enough.

So while I waited for the future, the present voluntary service gave me this understanding:

a. The beauty of taking abandoned space and creatively turning it into something worthwhile. (A great metaphor for what God can do in people’s lives.) Imagine what would happen if the city of Pittsburgh only allowed developers to use existing space, since there is so much abandoned space…What does the kingdom of God look like in Pittsburgh?

b. The persistence in understanding city driving, parallel parking, public transportation and navigation.

c. Courage to stand alone on an important project and take leadership/ownership of it.

d. The effectiveness of hearing others’ thoughts. The impact of one persons' story. The strength it takes to keep getting back on your feet when life doesn't give you any hope.

e. The rollercoaster of non-profits – and finding stability where the ‘coaster is currently at.

f. Contentment in living simply

How have you been shaped lately? It doesn’t matter where you are at in life, things are constantly changing and God is constantly moving.
Do you know that?
Do you recognize it?
Did you expect something but didn't receive it till later on? Or are you still waiting?
Reflect on who you are right now.
Know God is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment