Tuesday, August 30, 2011

highlights of a nomad

ok so I'm not exactly a nomad, but it sure feels like it.

Living an extra month in the PULSE house, I was waiting for the opportunity to move into a new house in Garfield. The place is being renovated, so patience was being my teacher for some time. As I had the opportunity to extend my stay in the PULSE house, I was asked to help create the new PULSE house with moving furniture (moving the furniture in, not magical furniture that moves). On the day we moved the furniture, I was also finally given the chance to move all my possesions into my new house. Talk about a tiring day. Best part? I could move my stuff in-- but not myself. (Of note, this has been a situation for me and my housemates, so we moved a whole house-load of possesions in.) So now I am in my last week of being taught by my wonderful friend named patience. As I await this fateful day of moving in to my new place, I am residing now with good ole Bluffton friends. The time with them has been a blessing. It has been great to catch up, relive memories, and be ourselves. This is probably the least hectic part in the whole moving process, for obvious reasons. Soon and very soon my nomadic life will come to an end though, and then I will be a full-fledge adult living and working in Pittsburgh.